This month the WSPE newsletter covers:
- Message from the WSPE President
- Updates from Beth Fifield Hodgson, PE, F.NSPE
- Legislative Update
- The 2023 session has focused on budgets and forecasts. The House looked in every nook and cranny for revenue. Hearings were frequent, legislators met late in the evenings, and bills were passed at a rapid pace. Among the main legislative concerns were inflation, interest rates, and lower personal income.
- Update on The State of Washington v. Fisheries Engineers, Inc., Court Case
- On February 7, 2023, Washington Court of Appeals Division Two (Appeals Court) issued an Unpublished Opinion that the Superior Court of Thurston County (Trial Court) had erred in granting summary judgement in the referenced case. The Appeals Court held that Tappel did not have standing to bring this case. The Appeals Court reversed and remanded the case back to the Trial Court to enter a judgment of dismissal in favor of the Board of Registration for Professional Engineers and Land Surveyors (BRPELS) making the September 29, 2021 Court Order null and void.
- News and Events from WSPE and NSPE